Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lojban has an unambiguous grammar based on the principles of logic. This grammar is a fundamental part of what makes Lojban the language it is. As a consequence, it has received careful study and criticism.
An unambiguous grammar is formal and regular. There is a single, unambiguous structure (called a parse tree) resulting from any text. Lojban grammar does not specify semantics. The meaning of any particular parse tree is outside the scope of the grammar.
- Lojban Formal Grammars
- BPFK Section: Formal Grammar, a proposal to define the Lojban formal grammar in PEG.
Implementations of a Lojban grammar
- official parser
- Other syntactic parsers: jbofi'e, genturfa'i, camxes, camxes.js, la ilmentufa, jbogenturfa'i, zantufa.
- Semantic parsers: la tersmu, la cakyrespa (Run turtle like LOGO with lojban), la lojysamban (Prolog with lojban).
The following pages contain technical details and discussion concerning Lojban's grammar:
The following material relates to Lojban's grammar but has not yet been reviewed for curation:
- The Crash Course in Lojban
- zasni gerna - a new proposed grammar
- CFG - context free grammar