Logical Language Group
The Logical Language Group, also known as “la .lojbangirz.” (/lah-lozh-BAHN-geerz./), is a non-profit organization founded in 1987 to promote the scientific study of the relationships between language, thought and human culture. It is principally associated with the development, preservation and promotion of the lojban language.
The Logical Language Group (LLG) was founded informally in 1987, and incorporated in 1988. The U.S. Internal Revenue Service approved its status as a 501(c)(3) non-profit educational/scientific charity in 1989, making donations and grants to the organization deductible under U. S. tax law. LLG materials on this site are provided on a “use with attribution” basis. LLG can be contacted by various means, both online and off.
- BPFK (Language Planning Commission)
- 2002 Baseline Policy, posted 28 Nov 2002
- 1997 Baseline Announcement, posted 10 Jan 1997
- Minutes of the yearly meetings
Becoming a member
According to the bylaws, “persons may be named members upon recommendation for membership by any member and by election by a majority of all the members of the Corporation, in person or by proxy.” The bylaws specify the following qualifications:
- competence in fields including linguistics, psychology, philosophy, logic, mathematics, computer science, anthropology, sociology, education, and human biology
- high personal dedication to the purposes of The Logical Language Group as specified in the bylaws
- Working on a project for an extended period of time, especially one requiring coordination with other lojbanists
- Assumption of responsibility for non-language chores, such as web site maintenance
- Activity promoting lojban or recruiting lojbanists, such as presenting or teaching the language
- Being familiar with the bylaws, and taking the initiative to ask for membership at a meeting
- Participating in a meeting as a non-voting member
The proposal and approval of new members is one of the items of regular business at each annual meeting.
- Bylaws of The Logical Language Group, Inc. (Historical: 1992, 2003, 2007)
- The General License for LLG materials