square meter

From Lojban
Jump to navigation Jump to search

There has to be a better way to say this than kurmitre.

Although it does somewhat work to describe the dimension of the unit at a right angle to itself, generalizing this idea would lead to words like kursnidu, and the concept of a second at a right angle to another second doesn't work so nicely.

Plus, even if it's justifiable, kurmitre certainly looks malglico.

How about {reltefmitre}?

Maybe pitmitre for square meter, calmitre for cubic meter.

The most standard answer we have so far is tretre.

Even ctotrectotre was suggested for hectare.