(Redirected from WhyDoesxParse)
- naku le broda cu brode -- what's the deal with na being terminated with ku? ku, as far as I understand, is meant to terminate sumti, which apparently na isn't. --mi'e tsali
ku terminates floating tenses, such as puku. naku is an extension of this.
ku has four functions in Lojban:
- terminates a LA/LE description (but not LA+name)
- terminates a quantifier+selbri description (semantically equivalent to quantifier LO selbri)
- terminates a free-floating sumti tcita or FA (the last is mostly useful in answers to fi'a questions)
- terminates a free-floating negation (this use is not elidable)