Template:Today's featured article/martio, 2015
Jump to navigation Jump to search
About Tongan language and Lojban.
- Tongan and Lojban have a very simple number system.
- Primarily, you put digits one after another.
- Generally you only read out letters in English when it's a phone number or a code number.
- "145606" is almost always "One hundred and forty-five thousand, six hundred and six".
- However, digits after the radix point are read out, i.e. "Pi is three point one four one five nine two six ..."
- Note that both in Lojban and Tongan "100" has two possible realizations.
- Lojban has additional words for hexadecimal system, which explains why it also has a single word for "10".