BPFK Section: Aristotelean Abstractors
- 1 Proposed Definitions And Examples
- 1.1 mu'e (NU1)
- 1.2 pu'u (NU1)
- 1.3 za'i (NU1)
- 1.4 zu'o (NU1)
- 2 Notes
- 3 Impact
Proposed Definitions And Examples
mu'e is an event abstractor with the place structure x1 is a point event of (the bridi). A point event is an event that is considered a single point in time, devoid of internal structure.
- point event abstractor
Examples of mu'e Usage
- .i le mu'e le cribe lanzu cu klamu'o le tersla cu pu'o lerci
- The arrival of the bear family at the party was before they were late (le la BERenstein. cribe .e. le jinga guzmrkukurbita)
pu'u is an event abstractor with the place structure: x1 is a process of (the bridi) with stages x2. A process is defined as an event having a beginning, an internal structure and an end.
- process event abstractor
Examples of pu'u Usage
- .i mi tcidu lo pu'u pilno zo je .e ro da poi simsa
- I'm reading the uses of 'je' and all things similar (IRC, kribacr, 12 Jul 2009 11:35:37)
za'i is the event abstractor with the place structure: x1 is a continuous state of (the bridi) being true. A state is defined as an event that has sharply defined natural boundaries dividing when the state exists and when it doesn't.
- state event abstractor
Examples of za'i Usage
- ri pi'egre le canko gi'e bajra se ka'a lety. zdani di'o le cicricfoi ku gi'e nupre le za'i ba noroi cliva le cicricfoi
- it leaps through the window and runs to the house in the wild forest and promises never to leave the forest (la teris. po'u lo tirxu cu vitke zi'o le barda tcadu)
zu'o is an event abstractor with the place structure: x1 is an activity of (the bridi) consisting of repeated actions x2. An activity is defined as an event that is considered extended in time and is cyclic or repetitive.
- activity event abstractor
Examples of zu'o Usage
- li'a mi nitcu lo zu'o cilre gasnu tu'a lo la lojban cmene
- Clearly I need to learn Lojban's names (IRC, Ccodrus, 24 Dec 2009 07:38:55)