how to pronounce "Sapir-Whorf" in Lojban
(Redirected from sapir .uorf)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This page contains discussions of experimental/scientific/philosophical/logical aspects of Lojban that are|
non-official and not for everyday usage. You've been warned.
- lo se sruma be la sapir e la uorf = Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis
- sapir. uorf.
- After meditating on this for 12 years, i moved the period from in front of the "u" to after the "r".
- Why not sapir.uorf. or sapir. .uorf.?
- Shouldn't it be "sypIr."?
- Probably (for himself) sapIr but notice also that Ben's name is "Whorf," not "Worf," though I have no (definitive) idea how to show that: sapIr'uorf., sapIr. xuorf.?
- Many of us don't pronounce "w" and "wh" differently, so .uorf. is fine.