<div style="box-sizing: border-box; width:
32% ; float:right; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.4); padding: 15px 20px; background-color: #fee"> <div style="text-align: center; font-size: 1.5em; font-family: sans-serif">Quick Links</div> * '''[[la karda]]''', an overview of Lojban in tiny lessons! * [https://la-lojban.github.io/sutysisku/en/index.html '''la sutysisku'''], an interactive dictionary. * '''[https://lojban.github.io/cll/ The Complete Lojban Language]''', a comprehensive textbook. </div> <div style="box-sizing: border-box; width:67%; margin-right: auto; background-color: #eef; padding: 15px 20px; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.4);">
<div style="text-align: center; font-size: 1.5em; font-family: sans-serif">Welcome to the Lojban wiki!</div>
*Lojban's grammar is based on simple rules, and its linguistic features are inspired by predicate logic. <!--There is no distinction between nouns, verbs, and adjectives; rather, Lojban sentences are held up by ''relations'' (like “… gives … to …”) and the ''arguments'' satisfying them.-->
*Lojban allows the expression of nuances in emotion using words called [[attitudinals]], which are like spoken emoticons. '''ue''' marks that you're surprised; '''
zo' o''' marks that you' renot serious.* Lojban allows you to be as vague or detailed as you like. For example, specifying tense (past, present or future) or number (singular or plural) is optional when they're clear from context.
*Lojban is machine parsable, so the syntactic structure and validity of a sentence is unambiguous, and can be analyzed using computer tools.
<!--*Lojban is unambiguous in syntax. Natural languages often have ambiguous sentences — does "He's left" mean that he's still here or that he's gone? Lojban systematically eliminates this.-->
Lojban has a live community of speakers expanding its vocabulary day by day.
<!--*Lojban is designed aiming at being neutral between cultures.-->
===Lojban means different things to different people===
== Learning Lojban ==
These are learning resources that are made by people speaking Lojban and that represent personal views of those authors:
[[Image:yt-lesson in lojban i.png
|240x160px|«Lessons in Lojban» by Dustin Lacewell|link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZjSTUK3hFI |thumb]]
* A set of [[pronunciation|pronunciation guides]] * [https:// docs. google.com/ presentation/ d/1Yrxt9gAtqA_oSDD76Toq8VLSZjjOxJ5rkKsxFs3Cw8E/pub?start=true&loop=false&delayms=5000 Lojban in simple phrases], an introduction (also available in [http://mw. lojban.org/images/d/d1/Lojban._How_to_quickly_create_sentences.pdf PDF]) * [[Lojban Wave Lessons|Wave Lessons]], a popular textbook * [[The Crash Course (a draft)|"The Crash Course"]], a draft of a textbook * [[la karda|la karda]], a rapid-fire overview of the grammar in small pieces
This is the resource officially approved by The Logical Language Group:
* [https://lojban.org/publications/cll/cll_v1.1_xhtml-section-chunks/ "The Complete Lojban Language", a reference grammar of Lojban]. This book will help those who already understand some Lojban. It's the most complete reference of Lojban language by far. It does not, however, teach vocabulary, style, or colloquial language. Please note that since the initial publication of the reference grammar, some language reforms such as [[How to use xorlo|xorlo]] have become widely adopted.
<!-- TODO: Add **OFFICIAL** word lists here if they exist and approved by LLG, by BPFK etc.! -->
* [http://vlasisku.lojban.org/ la vlasisku] is an online English—Lojban dictionary, based on data of la jbovlaste; intended to be more user-friendly (note: it is only irregularily updated, la jbovlaste is more up-to-date).
* [https://la-lojban.github.io/sutysisku/en/# la sutysisku] is an online multilingual Lojban dictionary (including English) that also works offline. Updated at least once a month.
* [https://sites.google.com/site/slovlacukt/file-cabinet la slovlacukt], an alternative offline dictionary.
* [http://guskant.github.io/lojbo/stardict.html Stardict dictionaries in some languages] (usable with [http://goldendict.org/ GoldenDict], [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dictionary-universal/id312088272?mt=8 Dictionary Universal], etc.)
* [http://guskant.github.io/lojbo/gismu-cmavo.html Multilingual gismu (root word) and cmavo (particle) lists in tsv and html formats]
* [[Word frequency lists|Word lists ordered by frequency of use]]
==== Related things ====
* An unofficial [[Simple gismu|list of simple definitions of gismu]]
* Example sentences at [http://tatoeba.org Tatoeba.org]
=== Software tools ===
* [http://www.memrise.com/courses/english/lojban/ Memrise.com] offers on-line Lojban vocabulary flashcards. [http://ankisrs.net/ Anki] is a downloadable alternative.
* [http://lojban.github.io/ilmentufa/camxes.html la camxes] is an automatic grammar of Lojban. It can help you to understand the structure and correctness of sentences.
* [http://lojban.lilyx.net/zmifanva/ A Lojban-to-English translator]. It is not precise, it can sometimes fail to correctly translate from English to Lojban or vice versa. It can be used to get at least some understanding of how Lojban works.
To get connected to Lojban chat use any of the following methods (your and others' messages will be available in all of them no matter which method you use).
People involved in Lojban community usually read each day's backlog and will answer your questions within several hours and often even within minutes.
Using this method you will be able to read the history of the chat since the beginning of 2016.
#*<span class="plainlinks">[https://t.me/joinchat/BLVsYz3hCF8mCAb6fzW1Rw Lojban], [https://telegram.me/joinchat/BLVsYz4hC9ulWahupDLovA ckule], [https://telegram.me/joinchat/BLVsYz20Boixl0xN-0TrPw jbosnu]</span>
# Ask questions on Lojban in '''ckule''' group, talk in or about Lojban in '''Lojban''' group and talk only in Lojban in '''jbosnu''' group.
Using this method you will be able to read the history of the chat for the last ~7 days or so.
# Open <span class="plainlinks">https://slaka.herokuapp.com</span> Submit your email and get an invite to <span class="plainlinks">http://lojban.slack.com</span> to your e-mail inbox.
# Open <span class="plainlinks">http://lojban.slack.com</span>http://slaka.herokuapp.com/
# Ask questions on Lojban in #ckule channel, talk in or about Lojban in #lojban channel and talk only in Lojban in #jbosnu channel.