Difference between revisions of "Talk:la .teris. po'u lo tirxu cu vitke zi'o le barda tcadu"
(Added a log of a discussion with the author saying that this work is under CC-by-nc license.)
Latest revision as of 16:05, 15 September 2016
About the license
I added a license to the text, so everybody knows what they can and cannot do with the text.
As I am not the author, and so have no right to choose a license by myself, here is a log of the discussion I had with Michael Turniansky on the matter:
- I have a question about a story of yours (in lojban), and copyright. Do you mind if I ask you here?
- Sure, that's fine... I"m guessing it's about Terry the Tiger?
- Yes. I developped a tool that can highlight parts of the text with a translation (to help learn lojban), and I took your text from the wiki to have something to work with while developping. Then, I put my work online, and your text with it. I guess that for many people it is not a big deal, but it is important for me to respect copyright, which I did not do in this process, as there was no mention anywhere that I could copy your text. So, I am asking express permission from you :-).
- I would also suggest, if you don’t mind this kind of practice, to explicitly say so, by giving your text a license (like a Creative Common). Only if that is what you want, of course… If you prefer that people ask permission directly, then the current situation is perfectly fine.
- Thank you for your consideration.
- Oh, yes, I definitely consider all my works CC BY-NC Feel free to use it for whatever non $ purpose you wish.
- (jsut make sure my name is on it)
- Ok. Thank you very much :-)
- Can I add a CC-by-nc mention on the wiki ? (so that other people know about it too…)
(and yes, I also asked permission to put this conversation online ;-))