Lojbanic forums: Difference between revisions
m (Mukti moved page Secondary lojbanic forums to Lojbanic forums: Lojbanic forums previously redirected here)
Revision as of 04:50, 24 July 2014
See also Learning (en)
This page contains a list of various forums in which people discuss Lojban or discuss in Lojban, in approximate order of popularity as far as the main community is aware.
la laxma'i spaji spaji, the bilingual Lojban/English blog, can be helpful for learning both how various English idioms may be translated into Lojban, and how to use a wide range of Lojban cmavo (mainly in a narrative tone).
Less known mailing lists
Other than the primary mailing lists, the following special interest lists exist:
- jbofanva is a mailing list for translation projects.
- The Lojban Announcements Mailing List is for single posts on topics of general community interest.
All posts to this list are moderated, and all must include a description for where followup conversation should go. For example: "there are now Lojban flashcards on smart.fm; follow up discussion should go to the Beginners list" (but presumably with more detail). This is NOT a discussion list. The list does not set Reply-To, so you should set it to where you want followup discussion to go, if you know how.
The announcement list sends to just about every Lojban email list there is. People can also subscribe to it directly, if they want to get announcements of general community interest but do not want to be on the main mailing lists.
Anything likely to be of interest to large segments of the Lojban community is on topic. In particular, "I'm starting Lojbanic project X and need help/feedback" is what the list is primarily intended for.
- xedbig, AKA Hedwig, a private, moderated list with rules (you must be nice, you must speak in Lojban, and you may not criticise how other people speak Lojban)
- nunkei fi la'e lu lo do ckiku ma zvati li'u lu'u (Play "Where are you Keys?: Lojban")
- kasyjda, for discussion of the chaos religions, such as Discordianism
- the bpfk mailing list, for language development issues
- xadni, a largely unused list for discussion of the experience of having a body, or something like that
- lo jbocertu cu bau casnu vecu'u la jbosnu (nothing but spam these days)
- The jboske, or lojbanic science list was used for extremely detailed discussions of technical and linguistic issues related to Lojban.
- jefnuz is a subscribe-and-don't-post list for receiving the weekly community news.
- snakarni is a list for audio-bloggers, especially for CinchCast users.
- Loĵbanistoj is a lojban mailing list where discussions occur in Esperanto
Social network groups
- Группа ВКонтакте (rusko)
- http://facebook.com/groups/Lojban/ - the group in Facebook.
- https://plus.google.com/communities/105661163321603750740 - the group in Google Plus.
As microblogging has become more popular among the internets as a whole, it's also started to be noticed in Lojbanistan.
- identi.ca, sometimes known as la .aidentikar. There was a Lojban group called !lojban.
- Twitter Lojbanic posts on Twitter are sometimes tagged #lojban, but it's also fun to search for Lojban without the # to see what random strangers are saying about us!
- Reddit has a page where Lojbanic news are often published.
- Shapado website has a Lojban page.
- This wiki has a guestboard for asking questions
- The Lojban MOO is a type of MUD (a multi-user online text adventure game, sort of) that is fully bilingual in its command set.
- jboselkei is an online game of translation from English to Lojban, featuring rating calculation for users. If you don't know how this or that is translated to Lojban, ask it in jboselkei, and as the game proceeds, expect to see one or even more translations of your 'post' made by jboselkei players, with comments. If you are an experienced lojbanist, you will always find a couple or more challenging 'tough nuts' awaiting your translation and promising rating points. jboselkei first appeared in Beta form in mid March 2006, and was upgraded for appearance and usability in November 2006. Playing in jboselkei is very exciting; you are welcome to join!
- The Lojbanic Interactive Story is a web-based story writing forum. The story itself is all in Lojban. Anyone can add to it, please go contribute!
- There has been a LiveJournal community for Lojban for a long time, though it's often sleepy.
Archives Of Past Discussions
Mailing List Archives
There are locally stored archives of a number of lists. Those lists are no longer updated.
The Google Groups lists have complete, searchable archives stored in Google Groups itself.
In addition to this, for research purposes, there are as-complete-as-humanly-possible archives of all Google Groups lists stored as UNIX mail files on one of the lojban.org computers. If you need access to them, mail the LLG secretary.
Public logs of the lojbanic portions of the IRC channel are available.
Note: the logs are filtered so that they contain only Lojbanic text. However, you might still be offended by the things discussed there. If you are, that's your problem, and the LLG explicitly disclaims responsibility for anything said on the IRC channel, including by members or officers of the LLG.
Furthermore, no guarantee is made as to the correctness of the Lojban therein.