'The Complete Lojban Language' book is an official publication by The Logical Language Group and is available in several formats:
- As a hardcover book
- CLL v1.1 PDF and CLL v1.1 PDF Cover ; these are the actual files used to produced the hardcover version, so it's exactly what you get if you buy a copy
- CLL v1.1 EPUB (the ebook format) and CLL v1.1 MOBI (another ebook format, generated from the EPUB using Kindle's tools, so it should work on all Kindle devices)
- In HTML: CLL v1.1 HTML One Big File, CLL v1.1 HTML One File Per Chapter, CLL v1.1 HTML One File Per Section
This book will help those who already understand some lojban. It's the most complete reference of lojban language by far. It does not, however, teach vocabulary, style, colloquial language or other possible variations of the language.
This reform was approved by the Logical Language Group in 2003.
Unofficial methods to learn lojban
These are learning resources that are made by people speaking lojban and that represent personal views of those authors:
A set of pronunciation guides
|la karda, a rapid-fire overview of the grammar in small pieces|
|la camxes is an automatic grammar checker of Lojban utterances. It can help you to understand the structure and correctness of sentences.|
Wave Lessons, a popular textbook
Provides hover translations of both sentences/phrases and words they contain.
«Lessons in Lojban» by Dustin Lacewell
Also check out:
- the translation of 'Alice in Wonderland' by xorxes with a parallel text in English.
- la sutysisku is an online multilingual Lojban dictionary (including English) that also works offline. la vlasisku is an alternative for English speakers only that is regularly updated.
- la jbovlaste is an editable, multilingual dictionary. It is considered by many to be the current de-facto standard dictionary of Lojban. Many other dictionaries and tools are based on it.
- Stardict dictionaries in some languages (usable with GoldenDict, Dictionary Universal, etc.)
- Multilingual gismu (root word) and cmavo (particle) lists in tsv and html formats
- Word lists ordered by frequency of use
- An unofficial list of simple definitions of gismu
Connect with the community
Lojban is spoken by a vibrant community, producing literature, music, and art, and discussing questions about language and thought. The web comic xkcd said that, if you spoke Lojban, you'd have to speak with Lojbanists. That may not be such a bad thing!
Instant messaging (text chat)
Connecting to the chat
Use any of the following messengers (your and others' messages will be available in all of them no matter from which messenger you are sending your questions).
Answers from members of the community will arrive soon.
Using this method you will be able to read the history of the chat since the beginning of 2016.
- Install the free Telegram messenger on your Apple, Android or your desktop device
- join main Lojban chat groups by following these links:
- Ask questions on Lojban in ckule group, talk in or about Lojban in Lojban group and talk only in Lojban in jbosnu group.
The chat is also connected to a Discord server.
- Ask questions on Lojban in #ckule channel, talk in or about Lojban in #lojban channel and talk only in Lojban in #jbosnu channel.
- Freely chat about anything to like-minded Lojbanists in the #jboselbau channel.
Direct web access
Using this method you will be able to see messages that are sent only while you are connected.
- Navigate to , choose a nickname you want yourself to be known as, and click "Start". Easy!
- Click on the channel you want (tabs on the top of the page), and type your text in the text bar at the bottom - the last line at the bottom of the chat page.
- Ask questions on Lojban in #ckule tab, talk in or about Lojban in #lojban tab and talk only in Lojban in #jbosnu tab.
You may alternately try other methods of connecting.
The general-purpose lojban mailing list, which covers anything else related to Lojban, was founded in 1989, and has about 500 subscribers. You can subscribe to it by sending an email to [email protected].
|English, French, Chinese, Japanese, Esperanto|
Lojban around the world - other ways of communication ...
- Try reading Lojban texts. Start with something shorter and easier such as "Terry the Tiger" (audio is available) or "The Berenstain Bears and the Prize Pumpkin" (a parser suitable to those two texts). When you're ready, move on to "The Little Prince" (suitable parser: camxes) and "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" (suitable parser: maftufa).
- Try your hand at translating into Lojban, or write your own original texts: Poetry, prose, blogs, tweets, etc.
- Continue learning vocabulary using memorization software.
- Help expand the dictionary by translating Lojban words into other languages, or coin new compound words and add them.
From Lojban news...
13 January 2020
24 September 2018
- la gleki publishes a translation of How the enemy came to Thlunrana, a story by Lord Dunsany dedicating it to a new meeting of the LLG.
24 July 2018
15 May 2018
28 April 2018
30 March 2018
28 February 2018
30 January 2018
20 January 2018
04 January 2017
12 November 2016
06 November 2016
13 October 2016
1 June 2016
On the Internet
- coi ro do noi mristepre mi'e la saski'o .i mi jbopre ze'a lo nanca be li ji'i re jecu jinvi lodu'u mi jbocre poi'a raunzu be lonu vokta'a je lonu sutra casnu .i mi kucli lodu'u ti no'u mriste cu so...
- Joshua Suskalo 2020-05-26 18:55:29
- Wow. I remember John from when I was still active with Lojban, and I recall him as a bright light I'm very sorry to see extinguished. May his memory be a blessing. On Sat, May 9, 2020, 11:23 PM kar...
- teucer 2020-05-10 19:57:41
- The Members Meeting of the Logical Language Group (LLG) which supports lojban, its users, and it's learners, is starting tomorrow! Please join us. Anyone is welcome to participate. Now is your chan...
- [email protected] 2019-10-19 23:53:13
- Everyone interested in lojban (and /or logical languages in general) is welcome to join us! The 2019 Logical Language Group (LLG) Members Meeting will be starting between October 15th and October 2...
- [email protected] 2019-09-28 07:05:43
- In order to join the discussion at Mattermost, you'll need to first sign up ( https://framateam.org/signup_email ) and then click the invite link ( https://framateam.org/signup_user_complete/?id=17...
- Mike S. 2020-02-14 11:47:46
- LFK ESTABLISHED At the last annual meeting, the Logical Language Group (LLG) voted to dissolve the inactive baupla fuzykamni (BPFK) and replace it with a new committee, the lojbo fuzykamni (LFK). T...
- la .eris. 2020-02-11 21:25:25