4 part. different texts for beginners
5 optional part.
Out of the blue this is where ELG (formerly CLL and Berry lessons) starts. So here we have the full reference grammar of La Bangu. Not for newbies obviously. Not really a continuation of the Crash Course.
ELG is to be written mostly in simple Lojban. Many borrowings from English are expected. Many parts of ELG are based on CLL.
(developers edition, paragraphs to be excluded from popular version are marked in small font)
ELG presents different interesting aspects of Lojban language, it's grammar, vocabulary and applications in different fields.
- ~ - in progress
- + - more or less stable
- CLL: to be imported
- ELG: Default place filling
- ELG: any and some in detail: da zo'u
- soi - bridi relative clause
- du'au, me'au, me'ei
- ELG: Negating BAI
- grouping gismu (by their semantics, place structure)
- bear goo, xorlo in detail
- ELG: detri (compared to datru, also tcika)
- Subjunctives in detail (fanbu, fau, da'i and verbs that have da'i flavor)
- Stub: Grammatical aspects
- ELG: Metaphors (metfo, pesna, pe'a)
- The problem of as (tasmi, tai)
- ELG: sensory gismu (also krumami, sodna, slari etc.)
- ELG: chemistry (IUPAC nomenclature?)
:Example NNN :'''lo lojbo se cusku''' :''Translation.'' :<code>Gloss-ing</code>
Images are just normal wiki-images, might be in thumbnail form.
Before some paragraphs there might be <!-- some links --> information for indices.
Lojbanic text is bold, translation in italic, glossing in < code > tags. Rafsi are brown.
What else do we REALLY need? The rest should be removed imo.
- I'm not willing to change the order of chapters in the first place as it was suggested for CLL 2.0 as ELG is not a tutorial. You need to have passed L4N course in order to be able to read it. However, yes, the next step would be rearranging the stuff.
- And the step after that will be translating ELG to Lojban itself.
- I should note that ELG is only initially based on CLL. A lot will be changed in the flow of text during it’s development leading to a possibly completely different book. ELG has nothing to do with CLL 2.0 or Standard Lojban. But if you are tired of waiting for CLL 2.0 then here it is, this [potentially] crowd-sauced project. And i have no illusions that the crowd will be > pamei .uinai
The creation of ELG will undergo several steps.
- Landing. CLL will land in LMW. At this step please don’t edit text for real. Yes, you are free to damage the text but everything is in sandbox mode. All your changes can be easily reverted or deleted.
- Look at the formatting. Look if the source is intuitive for further editing.
- In case of any problems or disappointment please write your observations or suggestions here.
- We will try to land as many times as needed.
- When we agree that the book is easy to develop we are moving onto the second step.
- It is advised to create new chapters related to any topics you think are worth explaining.
Pages in category "ELG"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.