Lojban is a carefully constructed spoken language designed in the hope of removing a large portion of the ambiguity from human communication. It was made well-known by a Scientific American article and references in fiction Lojban has been built over five decades by dozens of workers and hundreds of supporters.
Lojban has a number of features which make it unique:
- Lojban is designed to be used by people in communication with each other, and possibly in the future with computers.
- Lojban is designed to be culturally neutral.
- Lojban has an unambiguous grammar, which is based on the principles of logic.
- Lojban has phonetic spelling, and unambiguous resolution of sounds into words.
- Lojban is simple' compared to natural languages; it is easy to learn.
- Lojban's 1300 root words can be easily combined to form a vocabulary of millions of words.
- Lojban is regular; the rules of the language are without exception.
- Lojban attempts to remove restrictions on creative and clear thought and communication.
- Lojban has a variety of uses, ranging from the creative to the scientific, from the theoretical to the practical.
Interested? See and hear an example of spoken Lojban.
Learn about Lojban more now.